as of November 20, 2009 and later revised March 9, 2012
Article I – Name
The name of the organization shall be Kenmure Newcomers & Neighbors (KNN).
A. The purpose of the organization is to:
1. Introduce newcomers of Kenmure to their community,
2. Meet new and existing members,
3. Encourage participation in organization activities.
A. Eligibility: All residents (including renters) and/or property owners of Kenmure and Berwick Downs, are eligible to join KNN.
B. Term of membership: There is no restriction on the term of membership. Members are allowed to remain in the organization indefinitely, as long as they fulfill all membership requirements, including the following:
1. Become members of the Kenmure Country Club within one year after becoming members of KNN and
2. Maintain a membership in the Kenmure Country Club during their membership in KNN.
C. Grandfathered members: KNN members who were not members of Kenmure Country Club (KCC) as of December 1, 2005 are “grandfathered in” and are thereby excused from requirements (B.1.) and (B.2.) above.
1.This is the only class of membership excused from requirements (B.1.) and (B.2.) above.
2. Newcomers members who were members of Kenmure Country Club as of December 1, 2005 are subject to eligibility requirement (B.2.) above.
3. Should a member of this group join KCC, his/her grandfathered status shall be immediately revoked and may not be reinstated.
4. Should a member of this group resign or let lapse his/her KNN membership for any reason, the grandfathered status will expire upon said termination. The member(s) will be subject to the same reinstatement requirements as any other member (see section E. below)
D. Voting: Each member household is entitled to one vote.
E. Reinstatement: All former members, including those classified as Grandfathered Members in section (C) above, shall be members of Kenmure Country Club at the time of their reinstatement and shall maintain a membership according to (B.2.) above.
A. Positions: The BOD shall consist of the following nine members. Each member has one vote. Complete job descriptions may be seen at http://kenmurenewcomers.org/KNN.BOD.Job.Descriptions
2. Chairpersons of the following committees:
1. Directors shall be members in good standing during their entire term of office.
2. Directors shall be full-time residents of Kenmure.
1. The BOD shall conduct the business of the organization in accordance with these Bylaws and other accepted practices.
2. The incoming BOD shall assume the responsibilities of office at the Joint Board Meeting (combined meeting of outgoing and incoming BODs) to be held no later than January 31.
3. The presiding officer shall advise the membership of important actions taken by the BOD.
D. Term and Meetings
1. Term of office shall be one (1) year with the exception of the Vice-President.
a. The Vice-President shall serve for two terms, the first as Vice-President and the following year as President.
2. Not more than two (2) consecutive terms shall be served in any one position, with the exception of Database and Communications chairpersons because their positions require certain skills and equipment.
3. Meetings of the BOD shall be held monthly or as designated by the President.
E. Vacancies and Succession
1. The President shall, by appointment, fill a BOD position that becomes vacant during the year.
2. Should the President be unable to serve out the full term, the Vice President shall succeed to the office of President.
Note: Election occurs if more than one person is running for an office. Affirmation occurs if there is only one person running for each office.
A. Nominations: Nominations for BOD positions from the general membership are welcome until said nominations are closed. They may be made to the Nominating Chairperson or the President if a Nominating Chairperson has not yet been appointed.
1. The President shall notify the membership of the closing date for nominations for the Board of Directors.
B. Nominating Committee:
1. The Nominating Committee shall be appointed by the President for the purpose of developing a slate of members of the BOD no later than September 15th.
2. The Committee shall consist of the following five (5) members:
a. One (1) member from the BOD.
b. Four (4) members from the general membership.
3.. The Nominating Committee shall present the slate of nominees to the general membership at least 30 days before the Annual meeting.
C. The BOD shall be elected/affirmed at the Annual Meeting by a plurality vote of members present.
1. Annual Meeting: The BOD shall set the date of the Annual Meeting, usually at the final dinner of the year.
2. The BOD may call for a meeting of the membership at any time upon proper notice.
1. The membership shall be notified of meeting date(s) and location(s) at least 30 days in advance.
A. Activity Groups:
1. Activity groups are determined by the interest of the membership, with the approval of the BOD.
2. Most activities that meet in homes will rotate membership after four meetings.
3. Regular and repeated participation in KNN activities and functions by non-members is not permitted.
4. Kenmure Country Club Regulations: All functions and activities held at the KCC are subject to the policies of the Kenmure Country Club Bylaws, Rules and Regulations in place at the time of the event.
1. Fiscal Year: The fiscal year is February 1 – January 31.
2. Finance Committee: The Treasurer and the President shall constitute the Finance Committee.
3. The Treasurer shall report monthly to the BOD on the financial status of the organization.
1. All disbursements must have the approval of the President.
2. Funds remaining at the end of the year may be carried over and/or used for the benefit of the membership at the discretion of the BOD.
1. Dues and due date for each fiscal year shall be set by the Board of Directors (BOD).
2. New members joining after November 1 shall be considered to be joining for the new fiscal year and their dues will be so credited.
1. The BOD may call for an audit at any time.
A. Membership: One-fourth (1/4) of the member households of the organization shall constitute a quorum.
B. BOD: A majority of the BOD shall constitute the quorum necessary for transacting business.
A. The membership shall be notified of amendments at least 30 days prior to the meeting at which the vote will be taken.
B. A quorum must be present to amend the Bylaws.
C. A two-thirds (2/3) vote of member households present is necessary to pass amendments to the Bylaws.
Approved by the membership on November 20, 2009
Revision approved by the membership on March 9, 2012